So…first, the update…
We lost our stove again! Oh no! And the exterminator, who did a horrible job, ended up trying to push through to get us evicted by telling us it was the clutter that caused the bug problem. Reviews of this company have shown that this is kind of usual for them, so I’m not surprised. However, this may end up with out management trying to evict us…fun times. But the good side of that is they’ve already done enough stupid things to us. We don’t really want to be living here anyway.
In other good news, our CPS case is officially closed. It was all ruled out. That’s one more hassle that’s no longer a problem for us. It’s such a relief to be done with it!
And now for the award…
So I was nominated by the wonderful blog Living and Learning with a New Normal, which you should totally check out if you have a little time. She’s a wonderful mama with the most fantastic, inspirational daughter ever. Not only that, but her entire family is pretty cool! Definitely worth a read!
So here’s what I have to do. I have to list three things I love about motherhood. Why three? I don’t know. It seems like a limited number, but I’ll do my best to pick my top three!
- Life with kids is never dull! Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out, everything changes. Good days blow up into disasters, but bad days can also turn out to be the funniest moments ever!
- No matter how bad things get, I’ve still got my clan of munchkins to give me strength. I might have given up long ago if I didn’t have my kids to keep me going. Life is stressful. Sometimes the only thing that gets me through is knowing they need me. Other times they just inspire. Whatever it is, I don’t think I’d be half as strong without them.
- I can’t even put to words how nice it is to wake up with a little body snuggled up against me, knowing that in a few hours, tops, the bed is about to be piled on by crazy kids. Sure, this may send me flying from the bed, baby in arms so he doesn’t get crushed in the chaos, but it leads to a lot of laughter. Good moments like that just can’t be beat.
Now for the tagging portion. I have to nominate other mamas! Sadly, I haven’t seen much from some of my favorites, and one of my favorites nominated me, so here’s what I’ve got for you!
- The Mamafesto – Feminism and being a mom, sounds a lot like me. This mom is everything I wish I could be. She’s bold, educated, and political. I only wish I could be half as inspirational as she is!
- Motherhood Is An Art – This mama is too funny! I have no idea how I came across her. She sends her kids to school and leads a very different life than we do, but I love reading her blog. Oh, yeah, and her kids are adorable too!
- Nothing by the Book – One of these days I’m going to die laughing…and it’s going to be while reading this mama’s blog. She’s witty, inspired, and her kids are a riot.
- Raising My Rainbow – This mama’s story is truly inspirational and beautiful. She writes a lot about gender identity and has been one of the motivating factors to staying strong in my belief that Beekee should be who he wants, regardless of what other people think. She’s given Beekee and I both a lot of courage. If only there were more strong, inspiring mamas like that in the world.
So thanks for reading. Wish us luck in everything we’ve got going on. Then go check out those blogs!